It’s the beginning of the year and I don’t know about you but I’m really excited to try out some new recipes! I thought it would be fun to make a list of the breads that I am planning to give a go this year and perfect and I added a couple of my favourites too that I think you should definitely be trying out.
Here’s what I’m planning to attempt this year – you can probably tell that I’m a plain bread lover! I’m not so keen on adding nuts and seeds to my bread
- ciabatta – one of my favourites and I’ve never tried it.
- french baguette – got to be worth a go!
- sourdough bread – I’ve never mastered this yet
- a great wholemeal bread – I have mastered it in my bread maker but I really want to be able to make a great loaf in the oven and by hand.
- croissants – ok not bread but they are rather yum!
- focaccia – loved this in italy
- soft rolls – can these even be done?
- cinnamon rolls – I look at these every time and drool but have never made them.
And here’s a few of my favourites that you should definitely try to make because they are super simple (recipes coming soon, I’ll link from here when I do them)
- flatbreads – honestly, you’ll wonder why you ever buy them!
- soda bread – I love this one but my kids don’t so much. I need to treat myself and make it soon!
Have you got any breads and bakes that you’re hoping to perfect this year? Let me know about them in the comments – you might inspire me to have a go too!